Our client is a highly regarded Australian Financial Services institution. They are looking to hire a dynamic, Sydney-based Senior Manager or Manager to join their Corporate Development & Strategy team. This team defines and drives the strategic direction of this preeminent Financial Services organisation. With a focus on organic and inorganic growth, they are looking for an ambitious and talented individual to join their team.
In this role you will:
- Develop the strategy for the business working across a number of business units.
- Analyse competitors, markets, and industries they are most focused on
- Use complex business problem solving techniques, including numerical reasoning, financial analysis, and modelling (e.g., relative profitability, relative growth, and scenario analysis)
- Collaborate with other teams within the existing group and other operating groups.
- Identify, develop, analyse, and execute strategic initiatives.
- Bring innovation to the business through products, processes, and technology.
- Innovate and come up with new ways to serve their customers.
- Partner with the latest technologies so that they can deliver the best possible service.
Key qualifications for this role are:
- A minimum of 4/5-8 years of financial services experience within:
- Investment banking advisory or M&A with financial institution coverage
- Big 4 chartered accountancy experience specialising in M&A, Corporate Finance, Valuations or Modelling with financial institution coverage
- Either of the above before transitioning into a corporate development and strategy role within a financial institution
- Excellent modelling capabilities which may have been gained through valuation, forecasting or scenario analysis
- Strong understanding of financial statements and has a strong interest in financial services, fintech, and any adjacent industries.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, enabling you to present key insights to senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, strategic thinking skills and a growth mindset, which will equip you to work independently and navigate ambiguity
- Proven experience in managing multiple workstreams and prioritising tasks to execute on key deliverables
If you want to work in a prestigious company with excellent peers, that supports flexible work arrangements, then this role is for you. If this sounds like a good challenge for you and you know you are a good fit, contact Anika Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position.
#strategy #customerstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #sydneyjobs #strategyjobsaustralia
This Sydney-based Senior Manager or Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $140k to $180k.
If you would also like to check out other Australia Strategy Jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.