As a Sydney-based Director of Strategy in the Financial Services (FS) sector practice, you will be developing strategies that help your Banking, FinTech and Neo Banking clients grow and scale by driving Digital Transformation. In addition, you will be tasked with practice growth internally through attracting new clients, and recruitment and mentoring of a first-class team of strategy consultants.
You will be working alongside a team of top-tier experts to develop, deploy, and manage client project engagements. You will receive ongoing training and development so that you can keep up with the constantly changing technology and digital transformation landscape, as required.
As a leader in the FS strategy practice, you will have to combine strong problem solving and team leadership capabilities and become an expert in digital business transformation. You are eager to learn and expand your knowledge in this space and are already well-versed in all aspects of Financial Services. To excel in this role, you need great client management and communications skills.
As a Sydney-based Director of Strategy, your responsibilities include:
- Taking ambiguous and complex business problems and turning them into definitive solutions for clients
- Driving practice growth through business development with clients in the Financial Services sector
- Providing actionable recommendations to clients that will help their organisation achieve its goals
- Defining and implementing new digital strategies for clients
- Providing critical input to internal practice growth through recruitment and mentoring your team.
- Helping clients reach the best possible outcomes while minimizing business risk.
Qualifications for this role include the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a Strategy business unit of a financial institution and/or Management Consulting Experience within a leading consulting firm
- Demonstrated a progressive career that has included promotion in a leading strategy consulting business where you have gained a well-rounded strategy toolkit
- Experience in digital strategy / transformation
- Experience leading client engagements in mainstream FS institutions and or FinTech’s & Neo Banks, with the responsibility of managing a team to drive strategic outcomes.
- Strong managerial level consulting skills and experience consulting to C-level clients in the Financial Services Industry.
- A “change agent” attitude, constantly pushing your clients to new opportunities, approaches, ideas, perspectives, etc.
- Cool under pressure and in unpredictable circumstances. Thrive in ambiguous environments, and in informal, loosely structured, and creative work environments.
- An expert collaborator and mentor that brings out the best in others.
- Personality! Must have a sense of humour and be able to see the funny side of life. An enthusiastic participant and a thoughtful observer when the moment calls for it.
If this sounds like an exciting role, contact Anika Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us your CV through the link below.
#strategy #customerstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #banking #financialstrategy #strategyjobs #jobs #melbourne
This Sydney-based Director of Strategy Financial Services which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $260K to $310k base + super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.