We have been retained by a market-leading Entertainment business to identify a preeminent strategist to step into a newly created GM of Strategy position.
The General Manager Strategy in Melbourne will develop the long-term Strategy and Transformation agenda, managing the Planning process, monitoring near-term strategy execution, focusing on innovation and diversification, consulting on business unit strategies and initiatives and leading and developing a team of high performing strategists.
What you will be doing:
- Creating a 5-year growth Strategy and Transformation agenda that will support the company’s global corporate strategy drive.
- Working with senior local stakeholders, such as the CEO and CFO, as well as global counterparts to coordinate the execution of this strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Guiding the entire strategy planning process from start to finish.
- Developing, aligning, and implementing plans in collaboration with budgets and across functional leadership teams, while also tracking against delivery to ensure success.
- Collaborating with and assisting key functional leaders make high-value decisions, such as responding to competitor innovation, shifts in the external environment, or benchmarking against global trends.
- Following a hypothesis-driven project approach, including problem structuring, scoping of deliverables/milestones, collecting data, conducting deep analysis and providing recommendations for improved decision-making as well as developing an implementation plan where applicable.
- Providing oversight and guidance with the implementation of strategy, monitoring execution against the near-term (1 year) plan, and updating local teams on financial performance and benchmarking.
- Ensuring that company goals and objectives are met in a timely manner while ensuring progress is tracked, measured and adjusted where appropriate.
Experience and qualifications include:
- 5+ years Strategy consulting within a top-tier strategy house.
- 5+ years corporate experience leading an in-house Corporate Strategy team
- Proven ability of leading and developing high-performing teams of up to 8 people.
- B2C/Consumer experience highly regarded.
- Strong academics in relevant undergraduate degree -Commerce, Engineering, Law, Science. MBA advantageous.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Highly proficiency at analysing data, extracting key insights and having a propensity for finding the real commercial value.
- Solid financial & commercial acumen.
If you’d like to develop your career with a market leader in the Entertainment industry and are seeking to make a significant and positive impact in a business, then this is the right role for you! Please send your CV to Ilan Leshetz (email@example.com) or Anika Stokes (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This General Manager Strategy in Melbourne is Exclusive to Oaktree and will take home an annual pay of $300k to $350k + super + bonus.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.