This sought after B2C ASX company is looking for an experienced Head of Commercial Strategy to join their thriving team and provide strategic planning, lead special projects and provide thought leadership. This is an integral role in driving the success of this organisation. You will be highly visible and work on some of the most significant strategic initiatives which impact our clients core customer proposition.
Dual reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and the GM of Strategy and Transformation, your responsibility is to foster external partners, monitor market trends and to identify potential business opportunities. By bringing your creativity, ambition and drive into this role, you can become a key contributor to the ongoing success of the company’s business unit and core business.
Our client is an employer of choice who has a reputation for retaining their top talent by offering exciting internal opportunities. They are known for promoting from within.
So whilst this opportunity is being offered as an initial 8-month position it is highly likely that the role will lead to a longer-term career somewhere within the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop the team’s top strategic programs of work, from analysing the data and understanding the scope of each program to executing and delivering them on time.
- Provide guidance, helping them to create a comprehensive plan that keeps pace with the ever-changing business landscape.
- Drive initiatives across all departments and ensure that they are successfully scoped and orchestrated end to end.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Strategy Team under the guidance of the General Manager of Strategy and Transformation.
- Lead and develop a team of highly skilled strategy members comprised of top tier consultants and experienced strategists.
- Ensure that this team reaches its full potential while achieving successful strategic outcomes.
- Prepare strategy updates for the Executive Committee and Board that provide actionable insights, analysis, and strategic direction.
- Understand industry trends, market dynamics, potential opportunities, and any risks associated with pursuing strategic opportunities.
Key Qualifications for this role include:
- Deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, delivering large-scale projects and change management
- Exceptional ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leadership team
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
- Organised and structured, able to coordinate multiple streams of work in parallel
- Driven & dynamic, pushes the boundaries and goes beyond the obvious
- Result-oriented, positive work ethic, collaborative and people-oriented mindset
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a top tier strategy consultancy or similar experience in a corporate strategy environment
- Retail / consumer market experience is required
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements; top tier MBA preferred
If you are up for the challenge of delivering one of the biggest transformation programs in the industry, then this role may be for you! Send your CV to Anika Stokes at email@example.com to be considered for this position.
This Head of Commercial Strategy based in Sydney is Exclusive to Oaktree.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.