This client of ours is one of the top brands in Australia, they are growing and have a real focus on customer advocacy.
We have been engaged to help them hire a dynamic Head of Strategy to be based in Sydney.
This is an important role that requires a talented leader to support the GM of Strategy and Transformation and collaborate with the Managing Director of this department and other leaders to create and refine the strategic goals of the business. You will be expected to outline how strategies will complement the strategies within the larger ecosystem and identify a course of action for success.
In this position, you will lead a preeminent team that is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of projects that are aligned to the business’s strategic goals. As Head of Strategy, you will be the driving force behind some of the company’s most critical programs and responsible for delivering on the strategic objectives of the business. You will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of the organisation and make an impact on its success.
You will be highly visible in this role and there are multiple opportunities for progression and many examples of where others have climbed the ladder from key strategy positions.
Your Key Responsibilities include:
- Assist the leadership team in refining their overarching strategic plan.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of key strategic programs – from conducting diagnostics to delivering on the agreed-upon objectives.
- Identify and resolve issues, manage risks, and ensure projects are executed correctly and delivered on time.
- Foster collaboration throughout the company in order to ensure that initiatives are properly scoped and executed from beginning to end.
- Lead the Strategy for the business unit with the guidance of the strategy team.
- Develop and manage a team of top-performing strategists.
- Collaborate with GM Group Strategy to strengthen strategic capabilities across the organisation.
Key Qualifications include:
- Solid strategy background from a top-tier strategy consultancy firm.
- Proven leadership capabilities and experience and to manage and coach junior team members and strategy managers.
- Exceptional communication skills with the right balance between consultative and assertive styles.
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to deal with change and foster it.
- Experience in Retail, FMCG or Consumer Driven business sectors
If you think you have the necessary skills and ambition to lead this company’s strategy, then get in touch with Anika Stokes and send your CV if you are interested. With a role like this, you could shape the future of this organization and make a real difference. So don’t hesitate – take the opportunity and apply now!
This Head of Strategy in Australia is Exclusive to Oaktree and will take home an annual income of $230k to $250k + super + bonus + benefits.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.