The Head of Growth Strategy is a critical role within the business, responsible for leading the development of our broader commercial strategy and transformation roadmap to achieve desired objectives. They must have an excellent understanding of the current market and competition, appreciate potential disruptions that could affect our growth trajectory, and identify opportunities to accelerate it. This individual will explore new technologies and techniques which can allow us to drive competitive advantage and capitalize on growth. Through creative problem-solving skills and innovative thinking, this person will be able to develop strategies that unlock value for the organization.
As a Head of Growth Strategy, you will be responsible for helping to identify and assess potential opportunities for the company. You’ll work in collaboration with strategy managers and analysts to evaluate these opportunities, which could range from creating new products to optimizing customer service. To ensure success, you’ll need to stay organised and on top of sprints that involve coordinating with various teams within the organization. This role is an excellent chance for you to develop your analytical skills while working towards the common goal of delivering innovative solutions that further the growth of the company!
- Lead strategic projects and deep dives, proactively identifying and scoping commercial opportunities.
- Capture commercial insights, create value optimization models, collaborate with Commercial Leadership Team on prioritization of effort
- Thought partner to GM Commercial Strategy to prioritise direction and goals
- Track the effectiveness of an initiative, as well as measure areas such as user uptake.
- Develop trade-offs and recommendations for our Commercial team.
- Responsible for communicating any risks or issues that may arise with a project.
- Lead and contribute to the team by coaching, mentoring and developing a Manager and team of Analysts.
- Analyse data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities, and understanding drivers of commercial performance analytical tools.
- Promote a data lead culture using data and analytical decision making across the Commercial Division.
Background & Skills:
- Experience in top-tier strategy/management consulting (4+ years), or similar functions in industry (7+ years), with experience in leading strategy development, roadmap, with orientation towards commercial performance and outcomes
- Ability to translate business questions into critical analysis to prove/disprove hypothesis
- Preparing CEO/Board level presentation
- Ability to synthesis insights into a management level narrative to drive decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Competent user of Excel
- Strong strategy toolkit
- Cross-industry benchmarking and application in sales and distribution performance
- Attention to detail with respect to interrogation of data quality and the generation of commercial insights
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity to become part of a huge growth story, please reach out to Amy Savage at email@example.com or drop your CV below.
This Head of Strategy in Australia is Exclusive to Oaktree and will take home an annual income of $230k to $250k + super + bonus + benefits.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.