This ASX company is one of the most sought-after companies in Australia as they embrace internal career growth and continue to diversify into new and exciting business areas.
We are currently supporting them to hire a Head of Strategy in Sydney to lead business unit strategy & transformation with a focus on Digital. Working with a team of top tier peers, The Head of Strategy will drive the business unit’s strategic agenda across the business.
As the leader of this division, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects, aligning them with the organisation’s strategic objectives. This requires great interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate people enterprise-wide to collaborate on initiatives that can drive real business success. You will also need to stay up-to-date on industry trends and market developments so that you can make informed decisions that will drive growth and progress.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive SME Strategy projects across the business
- Provide thought-provoking ideas that can help the team define their plans for the future.
- Engage in meaningful conversations with the leadership team, helping them to shape their objectives and goals.
- Form successful partnerships and ensure that all initiatives are planned out from beginning to end.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the strategy team.
- Mentor and develop a team of top-tier consultants and experienced strategists, helping them reach their full potential through thoughtful direction and guidance.
- Ensure that the team is working towards the same goal with an effective strategy.
- Coordinate the activities of a community squad and provide career development guidance to team members.
- Focus on effective communication and engagement at the executive level and involve the creation of high-level strategy updates.
Key Qualifications include:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in a top tier strategy consultancy. (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Kearny, LEK, PJP, OC&C or Roland Berger)
- Experience in and deep passion for all things digital experience, personalisation, digital technology and digital marketing
- Deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, delivering large-scale projects and change management
- Exceptional ability to influence, establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leadership team
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Strong leadership, coaching and people development skills
- Organised and structured, able to coordinate multiple streams of work in parallel
- Result-oriented, positive work ethic, collaborative and people-oriented mindset
- Consumer market experience is required
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements; top tier MBA preferred
This is a great opportunity to be part of something bigger and have a lasting impact on the organisation’s success. If you want this type of challenge, reach out to Anika Stokes at email@example.com.
This Head of Strategy in Sydney is Exclusive to Oaktree and will take home an annual pay of $260k-$270k + super + bonus.
If you would also like to check out other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.