Our well-regarded FMCG client has generated more than $1 billion in profits over the past year, and they are now in the market for a Melbourne-based Global Head Corporate Development.
Their success is attributable to its multi-functional and multi-geography business model, which is supported by a central Oceania Regional Hub. The Head Corporate Development is responsible for the inorganic strategic planning and growth of the group and is integral to the Mid-Term value creation goal.
The Melbourne-based Global Head Corporate Development is responsible for all aspects of M&A, such as identifying and carrying out partnership negotiations, scoping of potential acquisitions, end to end transactions and post merger integration. In addition, this position leads and delivers high-value strategic regional initiatives.
This is a highly visible role with regular C-Suite engagement. You will run a small team of professionals.
Key Accountabilities for this role are the following:
- You will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and managing merger & acquisition activates and (M&A) opportunities that are aligned with the company’s Mid-Term Plan.
- You will be responsible for initiating, handling, and concluding all transactions, while ensuring that all agreements are executed with strong engagement from functional stakeholders, including best practice handover and transition to business baseline.
- You will offer strategic recommendations in relation to M&A activities and PMI.
- Develop and manage relationships with external stakeholders like investment banks, consulting firms, and other advisors. You will be able to create proposals, negotiate terms, and more.
- You will become an expert in identifying and negotiating with strategic partners that will help deliver business success metrics.
- You will ensure that contractual terms and conditions are delivered in a manner that meets the expectations of the business.
- You will be responsible for leading high value projects and driving objective evaluation of the highest-value problems to solve for the business.
- Manage a small team, mentoring and driving excellence.
Key Requirements include:
- Experience driving M&A activities in large scale, matrixed organisations.
- Investment Banking or M&A consulting experience or In-House Corporate Development experience is required
- Strong demonstrated experience in identification and execution of mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in executing high value strategic projects, demonstrating ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders to deliver the benefits
- Demonstrated experience in change management.
- A Strategic mindset is a must have!
- Strong financial acumen and ability to assess financial implications of decisions and recommendations.
- Strong negotiation skills to manage negotiations through any M&A.
- Legal understanding of requirements when executing any M&A.
- Strong analytical skills to formulate key commercial and market insights, develop intervention strategies to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate challenges plans.
- Strong leadership capabilities (communication, influencing, customer focus and business acumen).
If you aren’t convinced that this role is for you and want to learn more about this role, please contact Anika Stokes. Anika would love to hear from you.
#strategy #customerstrategy #melbourne #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #melbournejobs #strategyjobsaustralia
This Melbourne-based Global Head Corporate Development which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $260K to $280k base + super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.