We are hiring for Melbourne-Based Head of Strategy or a Sydney-based Head of Strategy for a tech company that is passionate about helping people. They provide world-class technology solutions to help their customers succeed. They have a culture of collaboration in their workplace, which celebrates the diversity of their employees. They also emphasise high performance, and they work hard to solve common problems with candidates and hires, by creating world-class products and technology solutions.
Reporting to the Strategy Director, as Head of Strategy in Melbourne/Sydney, you will be working in a pivotal role towards building and delivering the company’s long-term vision and growth ambitions. This is an important role that will have a significant impact on the company’s strategy, and you will have a direct hand in shaping its future success.
We are looking for a talented individual who is familiar with the challenges that face the organisation and has a track record of being able to effectively navigate them. You must have a deep understanding of the issues they face and be able to communicate your ideas to people at all levels of the company. The successful applicant will need to be a logical thinker who can break down problems and develop solutions concisely. They must be able to work in a team-oriented environment, but also be bias to action when required. Finally, they need to be able to communicate with passion, energy, and intensity at the most.
The right fit for this position will be intellectually curious with a desire to solve complex problems. They must be highly articulate and able to make convincing arguments, having a collaborative and empathetic work style. The successful candidate must also have a strong desire to help people and organisations succeed and be personally well aligned with the Cultural behaviours of the business.
Day to day activities:
- You will be leading their team of strategists, providing coaching and guidance to all members of the team.
- You will also be responsible for contributing towards additional projects, including facilitating the acquisition of new clients.
- As a member of the leadership team, you will be expected to contribute to the wider operation and management of the strategy team.
- You will be a key factor in making prioritised recommendations that will flow through product roadmaps – and supporting execution where appropriate.
The Company’s Strategy Team comprises of highly passionate and highly skilled strategists from Bluechip organisations and top-tier strategy consulting firms. They also have a sizeable analytics team which works closely with their strategists and the wider business.
- You will have experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm at Senior Manager or Principal level.
- You will have demonstrated success in developing growth strategies for clients that are based on in-depth knowledge of the client’s business environment, market, and resources.
- You will be passionate about growth strategy and demonstrate excellent business acumen.
- You’ve worked on/led projects where the goal was ambiguous, the strategy uncertain, and the outcome unclear.
- You’ve shown that you can embrace ambiguity and uncertainty to achieve outstanding results.
- You’re motivated to become a global expert in online marketplace mechanisms and operations, and you’ve demonstrated that you can work with others to ‘get stuff done’.
- Your track record shows that you consistently deliver results with and through cross functional teams across markets.
- You can work in a collaborative and empathetic environment. They encourage their employees to be humble about the tasks they’re given and always look for ways to improve upon them.
- You can keep their atmosphere innovative and exciting, and biased towards those who share their passion.
If the position aligns with your goals, send your CV to Anika Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV below.
#strategy #customerstrategy #melbourne #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #melbournejobs
This Melbourne-based Head of Strategy which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $260k to $300K base + super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.