We are hiring for a tech company that is passionate about helping people. Reporting to the Strategy Director, as Melbourne-based Head of Strategy, you will be working in a pivotal role towards building and delivering the company’s long-term vision and growth ambitions. This is an important role that will have a significant impact on the company’s strategy, and you will have a direct hand in shaping its future success.
We are looking for a talented individual who is familiar with the challenges that face the organisation and has a track record of being able to effectively navigate them. You must have a deep understanding of the issues they face and be able to communicate your ideas to people at all levels of the company. The successful applicant will need to be a logical thinker who can break down problems and develop solutions concisely. They must be able to work in a team-oriented environment, but also be bias to action when required. Finally, they need to be able to communicate with passion, energy, and intensity at the most.
Day to day activities of a Melbourne-based Head of Strategy:
- You will be leading their team of strategists, providing coaching and guidance to all members of the team.
- You will also be responsible for contributing towards additional projects, including facilitating the acquisition of new clients.
- As a member of the leadership team, you will be expected to contribute to the wider operation and management of the strategy team.
- You will be a key factor in making prioritised recommendations that will flow through product roadmaps – and supporting execution where appropriate.
The Company’s Strategy Team comprises of highly passionate and highly skilled strategists from Bluechip organisations and top-tier strategy consulting firms. They also have a sizeable analytics team which works closely with their strategists and the wider business.
- You will have experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm at Senior Manager or Principal level.
- You will have demonstrated success in developing growth strategies for clients that are based on in-depth knowledge of the client’s business environment, market, and resources.
- You will be passionate about growth strategy and demonstrate excellent business acumen.
- You’ve worked on/led projects where the goal was ambiguous, the strategy uncertain, and the outcome unclear.
- You’ve shown that you can embrace ambiguity and uncertainty to achieve outstanding results.
- You’re motivated to become a global expert in online marketplace mechanisms and operations, and you’ve demonstrated that you can work with others to ‘get stuff done’.
- Your track record shows that you consistently deliver results with and through cross functional teams across markets.
- You can work in a collaborative and empathetic environment. They encourage their employees to be humble about the tasks they’re given and always look for ways to improve upon them.
- You can keep their atmosphere innovative and exciting, and biased towards those who share their passion.
If you are interested in this position, please drop your CV or reach out to Anika Stokes for further discussion on the role.
#strategy #customerstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #sydneyjobs #strategyjobsaustralia
This Melbourne-based Head of Strategy which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $250k to $300k.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.