We are hiring for a consumer tech business and they are currently looking for a Melbourne-based Senior Strategy Manager.
Our client, a online consumer tech business, has a culture of collaboration in their workplace, which celebrates the diversity of their employees. They also emphasize high performance, and they work hard to solve common problems with candidates and hires, by creating world-class products and technology solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, you will be responsible for assisting the AP&A (employment marketplace) business in defining and delivering on its long-term vision and growth ambitions.
- Develop and implement an overall strategy for a business unit, leading the creation of a Centre of Gravity
- Guide more junior strategists on how to develop strategies for their areas of expertise
- Coach more junior strategists and help them acquire the skills needed to grow professionally
- Help the company understand how it is doing against its strategic goals; provide a clear picture of how the company is performing and how it can improve.
- Get a clear understanding of the goals of the executive team, identify opportunities to improve performance, and propose strategies to reach these goals.
- Make sure that everyone in your organization has a deep understanding of the business, its performance, and what they can do to help.
- Collaborate with the product and commercial teams to answer critical information problems and define future product or commercial solutions.
The client has the best strategists in the industry. Their team consists of ten strategists who are not just passionate about their work, but also have prior experience from blue-chip organisations and top-tier strategy consulting firms. They also have a sizeable analytics team that works closely with the strategists to provide the most accurate data possible.
- Track record of high achievement
- Collaborative and a great communicator
- Bias to action, pragmatic and team orientated
- A logical thinker with great quantitative skills
- Ability to break down problems and develop solutions concisely
- Succinctly and persuasively communicate at the most senior level of the organisation with passion, energy, intensity, and excitement
- A high learning orientation
- Intellectually curious with a passion for solving complex problems
- Highly articulate, able to make arguments in a compelling manner
- Collaborative and empathetic work style, with a sense of humour
- Strong desire to help people and organisations succeed
- High degree of humility and personally well aligned to the Cultural behaviours of the business
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of experience in strategy-related roles, with part of that time spent in a top tier management consulting firm
- Highly developed conceptual reasoning capabilities, analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to break down and frame strategic problems
- Experience in developing business-level strategy and breaking this down into objectives, targets, and initiatives
- Passion for growth strategy and excellent business acumen. A track record of having worked and led complex (and at times ambiguous) strategic projects
- Track record of results – delivering results through cross functional teams
- Ability to build support for fact-based recommendations with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Able to build rapport and relate to a wide variety of audiences and understands how to effectively influence others.
- Ideally, experience in the media, internet and/or technology industries
Please send your CV below or please email your CV to email@example.com.
This Melbourne-based Senior Strategy Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $150,000 to $160,000 Base + Super + Bonus.
#strategy #consumerindustry #oaktreetalent #tech
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.