An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Strategist to join one of the leading retail consulting firms in Australia. This role is based in Sydney’s Northern Beaches and requires someone who is passionate about about all things retail both in Australia and around the globe.
As part of this role, you’ll have the chance to work with an exciting array of retail clients and gain valuable insights to the industry. As a senior strategist, you will help lead the way to a more sustainable retail future, while still keeping the original mission of the company in mind.
- Growth strategy and private equity projects
- Assist on business transformation projects and handle the project management side of things.
- Engage with senior executives and stakeholders frequently, while also helping the team develop client briefs and proposals.
- Support the team with/or leading workshops and presentations
- Lead or assist with workshops and presentations.
- Conduct market research, explore key retail, technology and macro trends so that you can identify new business opportunities.
- Analyse existing business operations and pinpoint any improvements that could be made.
- Explore customer preferences and behaviours on a deeper level by using both qualitative and quantitative methods. This includes segmenting customers, conducting extreme user interviews, as well as mapping out the customer journey.
- Provide competitor and category analysis, in addition to store network mapping and catchment analysis.
- Create actionable strategies that will help reach company goals.
Background & Experience:
- 3 -5 years professional experience (management consulting or corporate strategy)
- Intuitive and self-motivated with a keen entrepreneurial drive
- Strong problem-solving skills with structured thinking and approach
- Excellent communication skills and would feel comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- Attention to detail, comfortable with numbers and data, and ability to draw the key “so what” insights
- Comfortable managing multiple streams of work and deadlines – ability to look at the “big picture” while diving into day-to-day execution details
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint / Keynote
- Bachelors / undergraduate degree or equivalent (ideally in Business or Communications)
- Must be legally entitled to work full time in Australia
If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for transforming customer experience and want to drive growth in retail businesses, then this role may be a great fit for you. Send your CV to Amy Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position.
This Senior Strategist in Sydney is Exclusive to Oaktree and will take home an annual pay of $140k to $170k inclusive of super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.