This company has a strong presence in Europe, the United States, and Australia. They are looking to further expand their business in Australia and become the top player in the region. To achieve this goal, they are hiring for a Strategy Manager in Sydney to leverage their existing global resources, and increase brand recognition here in the country.
The Strategy & Development team in Sydney is responsible for keeping up with market trends, spotting potential opportunities, and managing acquisition processes. They also help local businesses develop strategies to reach their goals, as well as integrate bolt-on acquisitions into the existing operation. With their expertise in market analysis and project/acquisition management, they are the key source of guidance for our business. The role will report to the VP of Strategy & Development who heads the Sydney office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with large-scale investment decisions and strategy development for existing local businesses in ANZ, we analyze the macroeconomic environment.
- Interact with economists and market forecasters, as well as engaging with industry contacts to determine the best course of action.
- Use your expertise and insights into the current economic state
- Provide an in-depth overview of the building materials sector.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of detailed performance metrics, strategic initiatives, and current trends impacting both listed and private companies.
- Track the progress of the industry, keep up on published information as well as develop an expansive network over time.
- Identify growth strategies for our local operating companies, from acquiring other businesses to organic opportunities. This means staying in-the-know about the latest developments in the industry.
- Oversee every step of the acquisition process, from taking proposals and coordinating valuations to performing due diligence and developing integration plans.
- Provide assistance to our businesses on ad-hoc strategic projects and implementation of post-acquisition integration.
Key Qualifications include:
- Undergraduate qualification in relevant quantitative based discipline such as Commerce, Engineering or Economics
- Post Graduate Qualification such as an MBA or discipline-based master’s desirable but not essential
- Preparing and delivering high quality strategic planning in large international corporate, management consulting, private equity, or investment banking environments
- Providing analysis, research and modelling support to large clients or business units for large complex projects
- Undertaking or assessing mergers, acquisitions, and divestments, including strategic rationale, valuation, due diligence and project management
- Leading and / or project managing project teams
Are you an ambitious, driven individual who is looking for the opportunity of a lifetime? Apply now as a Strategy Manager in Sydney and take charge of your career. Here, you will be able to make use of your strategic skills to help drive this company forward and make an impact on their future. Send your CV to Asha Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Strategy Manager in Sydney is Exclusive to Oaktree and will take home an annual income of $180k to $200k + super + bonus.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.