We are hiring for a Sydney-based Head of Partnerships. This is an exciting role working for a mid-sized, financial services business that has big growth plans.
Our client is embarking on an exciting new chapter on their journey and has a detailed plan to set itself up for future success. The organisation is ramping up their core activities, simplifying its organisational structure and locked in plans for significant investment in core infrastructure, technology and customer experience. They have a stellar Executive Leadership Team with a proven track record of success and deep experience in consumer-focussed businesses.
This is a Strategic role and a critical position within the group with an incredible commercial focus, responsible for the majority of the Growth Strategy and subsequent revenue generated by the business as a whole.
Specifically, the role is responsible for owning the P&L, Strategy development and delivery for their portfolio of partners. The growth of the portfolio will be measured in the commercial outcomes for both the group and its commercial partners, as well as growth in engagement.
The Head of Partnerships is a senior leadership role in the Commercial team, reporting to the GM, Commercial and is part of the GM’s leadership team and will have a direct team of 5 reports.
Important success criteria will be achieved by:
- Supporting the identification and acquisition of new commercial partners within the financial services sector and effectively onboarding/integrating them with an appropriate governance structure for each portfolio partner.
- Creating and driving the execution of an annual plan of marketing and promotion initiatives with all partners in the portfolio
- Negotiating new and renewed commercial partnership agreements that lock in access to new customer and membership bases and lock in partner investment.
- Continue to drive a growth agenda with partners and within partner verticals, leveraging competitive advantages in market to drive continuous improvement to the value proposition and ongoing growth in portfolio results.
- Maintain a proactive role in driving operational excellence across the business.
- Excellent people leadership to build, motivate and reward a high performing partner relationship and management team.
- Lead with empathy and provide coaching, mentoring, development and training as needed
- Significant financial services or FinTech experience, including FS products in a retail or consumer banking environment.
- Good understanding of customer reward programs and loyalty
- Retention and acquisition strategies and partnerships
- Well rounded strategy tool kit gained ideally in a Management Consulting environment.
- Contract management business development
- Strong collaborator and self-starter, able to rally cross-functional teams, influence and build relationships at the C-level, in order to deliver strong results.
- Outstanding communicator, problem solver and leader with a track record of building new business pipelines.
Desirable Skills/Experience (but not essential):
- Fintech experience in a product vertical
- Working within an Agile environment
- Background in business modelling and behavioural analysis
- Key Stakeholders include but are not limited to Commercial, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Business Operations, Group and Customer Strategy and Legal.
If this position sounds like your dream role and you have the skills and experience to create the value and take this organisation to the next level, then the team at Oaktree Talent Group would like to hear from you for a confidential discussion. Please send expressions of interest to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
This Sydney-based Head of Partnerships will take home an annual income of $240k to $270k Base + Super + 30% bonus.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.