Do you want to work in a well-established consulting firm and be focused solely on ESG critical topics? You’ll be working with Australia’s most respected companies and have professional development and have real impact in the world. This consulting firm has created a specialised Strategy team and require a Sydney-based ESG Executive Manager to join them.
With ESG becoming more important, topics such as climate risk, decarbonization strategy, social impact, and robustness of internal governance, have encouraged our client to create a dedicated ESG Strategy function. And they are currently looking for a Sydney-based ESG Executive Manager to lead this key projects. The team will help companies assess the risks and benefits of pursuing an ESG strategy
Your responsibilities include:
- Identify and quantify ESG risks and opportunities for the ‘target’ businesses in the context of a deal.
- Ensure that the target business is positioned to address those risks and also capture the value upside opportunities from climate change.
- Analyse different mitigation and adaptation strategies
- Embed ESG risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting frameworks.
- Assess the range of expected reactions from stakeholders
- Anticipate risks and create strategies accordingly
- Develop relationships with key clients and internal stakeholders
- Become knowledgeable about the market and key sectors, and be involved in delivering ESG due diligence engagements
- Improve the quality of research as the team has a vital role in supporting the Transaction Services Partners in increasing the penetration of ESG Due Diligence on deals.
- Help these highly skilled professionals develop their skills, and to mentor and coach junior staff.
- Provide written and verbal advice when required
- Experience in consulting or strategy roles
- At least 5-10 years of highly relevant experience in the sustainability area.
- Ambition to work in a fast paced, result-oriented, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment
- Proven track record managing time critical projects
- Ability to extract insights and meaning from quantitative information. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with a range of different stakeholders
- Passionate about the climate change agenda
- Motivated by the prospect of building and leading a market leading ESG due diligence team
- Experience in deals environment preferred but not mandatory
If this role seems of interest and having a social impact on different companies is motivating, then this role is for you. Please contact Anika Stokes or send your CV through email@example.com or send your CV through the link below.
#strategy #customerstrategy #melbourne #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #melbournejobs
This Sydney-based ESG Executive Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $170k to $210K base + super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.