The Sydney-based Head of Growth Strategy is responsible for leading the development of the broader Commercial strategy and transformation roadmap, to achieve our aspiration. Their main responsibility is to identify opportunities to accelerate growth. This role is also open to Melbourne, or Brisbane candidates as well.
In this role, you will work with a team of Strategy Managers and Analysts to help identify and assess opportunities. These opportunities could be anything from new product development to working with a customer to improve service. There would be sprints, with the goal of coordinating with relevant functions and teams within the company.
As Sydney-based Head of Growth Strategy, the role is to understand our customers’ needs and design initiatives that meet or exceed those needs. You will also be responsible for preparing outputs to communicate recommendations, analysis, and value capture.
This focuses on performance benchmarking and insights that help executives make strategic decisions and developing solutions to commercial challenges.
- Lead strategic projects and deep dives, proactively identifying and scoping commercial opportunities.
- Capture commercial insights, create value optimization models, collaborate with Commercial Leadership Team on prioritization of effort
- Thought partner to GM Commercial Strategy to prioritise direction and goals
- Track the effectiveness of an initiative, as well as measure areas such as user uptake.
- Develop trade-offs and recommendations for our Commercial team.
- Responsible for communicating any risks or issues that may arise with a project.
- Lead and contribute to the team by coaching, mentoring and developing a Manager and team of Analysts.
- Analyse data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities, and understanding drivers of commercial performance analytical tools.
- Promote a data lead culture using data and analytical decision making across the Commercial Division.
Background & Skills:
- Experience in top-tier strategy/management consulting (4+ years), or similar functions in industry (7+ years), with experience in leading strategy development, roadmap, with orientation towards commercial performance and outcomes
- Ability to translate business questions into critical analysis to prove/disprove hypothesis
- Preparing CEO/Board level presentation
- Ability to synthesis insights into a management level narrative to drive decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Competent user of Excel
- Strong strategy toolkit
- Cross-industry benchmarking and application in sales and distribution performance
- Attention to detail with respect to interrogation of data quality and the generation of commercial insights
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity to become part of a huge growth story, please reach out to Amy Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV below.
#strategy #customerstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #sydneyjobs #strategyjobsaustralia
This Sydney-based Head of Growth Strategy which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $220-$240k inc super + benefits.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.