Our growing Private Equity client is focused on delivering value and impact in the growth industries around Tech, Healthcare and Services predominantly. You will work with a team of passionate, top tier professionals that are driving change for some of Australia’s most exciting privately owned companies. We are looking to hire for them a Sydney-based Portfolio Director.
You will assess the improvement opportunities within a portfolio company and work with the senior stakeholders to really drive change. This role is for someone who wants to feel they are making a difference.
The Sydney-based Portfolio Director would support strategic growth and drive improvements in portfolio of privately owned companies. You will be responsible for providing operational direction, including liaising between portfolio companies and their financial advisors, conducting due diligence on incoming and outgoing investments, and maintaining an active presence on company boards.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Driving accelerated growth in portfolio companies by implementing meaningful and sustainable changes.
- Support companies during the due diligence process to ensure a smooth process using their business builder tool kit.
- Develop an overall strategic plan for the company’s investment.
- Define the target market, develop a business model, and assess the competitive landscape.
- Provide guidance on how to create a robust and high impact first 100-day plan to get portfolio investments off the ground.
- Identify and solve roadblocks to sustained growth.
- Identify opportunities and risks.
Qualifications for this role include:
- 4-6 years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm ideally with some operational experience with an SME.
- The ability to influence founders and drive meaningful change within portfolio companies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, and the ability to create and present client-facing documents.
- The ability to assimilate data, synthesize insights and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- An entrepreneurial drive and willingness to dig in and make things happen.
- Passion for the investment process and working with smaller businesses.
- Evidence of commercial, analytical, and financial acumen.
- The ability to work with and build trusted relationships with management teams, senior advisors, and investors.
If this role excites you and you want to make a difference for different portfolios, then this job is for you. Contact Anika Stokes to be considered for the position.
#strategy #customerstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #strategyjobs #jobs #sydneyjobs
This Sydney-based Portfolio Director which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $250k to $300k base + super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.