As a Sydney-based Senior Strategy Manager, your primary responsibility will be to develop and communicate strategies that support the company’s mission and goals. The strategies you create will influence and shape the direction of the company and its product lines. You will work closely with the Group Director of Strategy to ensure that the entire organization is aligned with the company’s vision.
You will have a direct impact on senior management’s decision making.
This Sydney-based Senior Strategy Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $180,000 – $200,000 Base + Super + Bonus.
Your responsibilities will include:
Understanding the landscape: You will be responsible for providing timely market trend reports and analysis of competitors and consumer behaviour. Your role is to identify opportunities and threats that may require a shift in strategy, and you’ll provide recommendations on how to address them.
Developing the strategy: Take a proactive approach to identifying and solving strategic issues facing the business.
Being a project leader: you will be responsible for analysing the problem presented and determine how to solve it. You will manage the team throughout the project and will prepare presentations that are ready for executive review. You will also be required to prepare presentations that are used to educate key stakeholders on the project’s progress.
Working with the finance and commercial teams: You will help define the 3 to 5 year financial plans for the organization. Work with the commercial finance team to develop business cases and assess ROI for different investment scenarios and roadmap initiatives.
Pricing and Packaging: Your goal is to help the company develop the right product suite, with the right price points in order to meet market demands and win on competition.
We are looking for a candidate who has a background in both strategy consulting and ideally Australian media however open to other industries as well.
If you’re a top tier consultant with experience in other related industries who would like to move into media, we’d be interested in speaking with you.
We’re looking for a candidate with a proven track record of success in consulting. Ideally, you have experience working with teams to develop new strategies and processes.
Additional requirements include:
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel modelling and data analysis/manipulation skills
- Exceptional relationship skills and business partnering experience
- Ability to apply analytical skills and conceptual thinking along with business acumen is essential
- Superior written communication skills in preparing and writing paper
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complicated concepts simply and concisely
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to liaise confidently and effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Skilled financial assessment and business case development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage several projects simultaneously and to tight deadlines
- Experience in tech and operations is considered favourably.
If you do not want to be in the same job next year and you are ready for the change, then please reach out to us or drop your CV below.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.