We are hiring for a Sydney-based Strategy Director in the consumer and finance industry. Our client wants to create an innovative competitive advantage and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader within the banking sector and become part of this high performance team.
Working on high growth areas of the business including payments, savings and transactions, this is a really unique role!
- Developing a 2-3 year strategy roadmap for the strategy
- Conduct competitor and market analyses to identify emerging competitors and their unique propositions.
- Identify partnership opportunities to solve strategic needs.
- Determine our key customer target segments, taking into account our risk appetite, policy and regulatory obligations.
- Create a plan for how we’ll reach the ideal customers.
- Managing the quarterly business planning cycles and prioritising initiatives based on their potential impact.
- Track the benefits realised from each initiative, making sure that we’re getting the most value for our investment.
- Responsible for ensuring that the strategic plan is carried out according to schedule, and that includes making sure the right people, processes, and technology are in place.
- Collaborate with other teams within our company so that everyone is working towards the same objectives.
- Develop a medium-term strategic agenda in order to achieve our vision of helping customers manage their money and businesses effectively.
- Determine and assess key customer target segments, as well as maintain the strategic plan and delivery roadmap for the business line.
- Manage the quarterly business planning cycles and prioritisation discussions.
Background & Skills:
- 5-10 years of strategy or management consulting experience in a top tier consulting firm, strategy boutique firm, or financial services corporate strategy role.
- Proven experience across a range of the Strategy service portfolio including market and industry dynamics assessments, corporate and portfolio strategy, business unit strategy, customer and segment strategy, capability and operating model strategy, and strategy execution services
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire, mentor, coach and develop others
- Excellent leadership, time management facilitation and organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration skills with an ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders in different parts of the business and at different levels of seniority
- Customer-first mindset and interest in banking, finance, economics, customer experience and digital
- Strong learning orientation with a commitment to listening and learning from colleagues, experimenting with new ideas and approaches, and keeping up-to-date with the latest technical developments in data and analytics
- Strong process and delivery capabilities with attention to detail and ability to meet milestones and expectations
If you’re interested in learning more about this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Amy Savage at email@example.com or drop your CV through the link below.
#strategyjobs #sydney #oaktreetalent #consumerstrategy
This Sydney-based Strategy Director which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $220k – $240k base + super + bonus.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.