Our client creates memorable experiences for people by connecting them to the world around them. Our client is always looking out for others, as they believe that giving back is an essential part of being human. Our client cares about making people happy and will continue to add value wherever possible.
As a m owned business, they have the flexibility to respond quickly and creatively to an ever-changing business environment. The client can leverage their strong cash flow and their willingness to make long-term investments to pursue growth opportunities. Their commitment to sustainability and ESG will be central to their future growth. The Strategy & ESG Manager will be pivotal to this growth and will work with senior leaders on strategically compelling choices.
The company has a unique brand and is made up of several different businesses. The Strategy Manager will be instrumental in helping to shape the strategy to capture and drive compelling growth initiatives. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with senior stakeholders to align business units and functional strategies within the context of the firm’s decentralised operating model.
The key responsibilities of the Strategy Manager include:
- Support the creation of a 3-5 year strategic plan, as well as developing the strategic agenda. The manager will also create corporate business portfolio analysis, evaluate new opportunity assessments and recommendations, and long-range trend assessment.
- Responsible for analyse market and competitor analysis, and creating an innovation portfolio.
- Identify and implement new strategies to grow revenue is vital in the modern business world. In the case of the company, it’s important to look at opportunities that can be developed both organically and through acquisitions.
- Conduct analysis that feeds into the corporate strategy and initiatives.
- Explore, identify, analyse and model strategic opportunities and threats in order to provide recommendations for action.
- Identify and evaluate new opportunities for business growth.
- Manage the risks associated with strategic decisions, such as mergers, acquisitions, and alliances.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to help ensure that the Group is on the front foot of emerging trends and issues.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a corporate strategy role and/or consulting, ideally within transport, energy, industrial, retail, consumer, or other customer-oriented industries
- Strong business acumen and decision-making skills, enabled by
- Excellent conceptual problem solving (i.e., able to develop logical frameworks to simplify complex problems)
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., can efficiently build high-quality Excel models to enable data-driven decision making)
- Exceptional communication skills, including story lining for diverse audiences (executives and company-wide)
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence at all levels, to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, and able to challenge assumptions and conventional wisdom with specific, supported, reasoned proposals
- Innovative thinking and thought leadership
- Ability to navigate complexity and adapt to evolving priorities
- Bachelor’s degree from a highly regarded academic institution is required; an MBA or relevant graduate degree is desirable
- Integrity and commitment to sustainability, inclusion, diversity, and equity
If you would like to apply for this position email email@example.com for further details or drop your CV below.
This Sydney-based Strategy & ESG Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $150,000 Base + Super + Bonus.
#strategy #consumerindustry #oaktreetalent
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.