We are hiring for a Sydney-based Strategy manager.
This company is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences globally. The company boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles!!
In addition to their industry-leading streaming services and digital video products, they offer powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
We are looking for a Sydney-based Strategy Manager to help us develop and execute key strategic initiatives related to our multi-platform ecosystem across international territories. Reporting to the Senior Manager of International Strategy, this is a highly visible position focused on supporting the Strategy team. We need someone with exceptional presentation, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with local stakeholders and functional teams across the business to define, structure and assess strategic growth and expansion initiatives. This includes new market assessments, commercial opportunities / partnership structures, and M&A work.
- Provide analytical and strategic support for medium to long-term planning across all aspects of the business, from streaming to cable networks to free-to-air networks and studios.
- Ensure that we are always on track with our vision and goals, and that we are able to make the most effective decisions possible.
- Help us communicate complex information and data to our key partners. This involves synthesizing the information and presenting it in a clear, concise, and structured manner.
- Articulate your ideas and concepts via conversation, phone calls, emails, and written presentations.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues from all walks of life.
- Collaborate productively with people of different backgrounds, nationalities, experience levels and interests in order to achieve business unit goals.
- Develop reports, presentations and analyses for senior decision makers and contribute to regular company-wide financial/strategic planning.
- Stay current and knowledgeable about the global media & entertainment industry so you can support the Strategy team in continually evaluating new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats.
Skills and Capabilities:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, business development, internal strategy / corporate development or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in media/entertainment/tech is a plus but not a prerequisite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis (e.g., building and interpreting financial models) and strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal capabilities, including an eagerness to work across many areas and levels of an organization
- Ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and adapt quickly, dynamically, and intelligently; will need to manage multiple projects at once while meeting all deadlines
- Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible and be able to work effectively autonomously
- Intellectual curiosity and positive attitude are a must
If you think you this position is for you, send your CV to Amy Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV below.
#strategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #media #entertainment
This Sydney-based Strategy Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $140k-$170K base + super.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.