This company’s mission is to be the world’s best retailer, and they expect nothing less than the best. They have a vision of what the future of retail will look like, and they’re dedicated to helping their customers get there. They’re embarking on a new journey, and they want you to be a part of it.
This opportunity is being offered to a Strategy Manager who can make a visible difference to the business, developing and executing the most critical strategic initiatives within divisions and across the portfolio. You’ll have the opportunity to work with an experienced team with strong mentorship and development.
The mandate of the company is to develop high quality strategic plans and projects that take the company to new heights. Their target areas that represent the most significant sources of profitable growth for the company, which are outside the ‘day job’ and require additional resources to help think bigger, faster, sooner. This role will be responsible for managing projects or work streams, and providing strategic advice. You will have a direct line to the Head of Strategy, and you’ll report directly to him/her. You will be responsible for:
- You will work with senior stakeholders to define their business challenges and opportunities.
- You will structure problems and define plans of action to solve them.
- You will extract insights from complex analysis, running client meetings as necessary.
- You’ll be in charge of project managing large-scale, high-profile initiatives.
- You’ll act as the strategic and innovative voice of the business, influencing key stakeholders to deliver impactful change.
- You’ll coach junior team members, solve key business questions, and inject strategic and innovative thinking into the issues that our business faces.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who will take on a pivotal role in the company, developing strong relationships across the business. You’ll have the ability to manage and develop junior team members, drawing on your structured and rigorous approach. You’re dedicated and results focused with a customer first mindset.
- 2-3 years of experience from a top tier strategy consultancy, investment bank, private equity firm or corporate strategy team
- Outstanding academic record and social achievements
- Demonstrated deep experience and knowledge of strategic problem solving and frameworks, project and change management
- Superb written and oral communication with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Analytics and quantitative modelling
- Consumer market experience and retail experience is an advantage
This Sydney-based Strategy Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $140k Base + Super + Bonus.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.