Our client, a high growth FinTech startup, has an opening to join their strategy team for a Sydney-based Strategy & Operations Manager.
As the Business Operations Manager, you will be responsible for a diverse range of activities that help unlock new opportunities for the business. Your primary responsibility will be to research, collect and analyse data to make recommendations to support our corporate development strategy.
The role will involve identifying and developing new business opportunities and partnerships. You will manage key relationships with investors, acquirers, and other key stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will include establishing new funding sources for the company, managing a portfolio of existing investments, working with the M&A team on potential acquisitions and helping identify new areas of growth through market expansion.
- Driving strategy, design, and execution for new business opportunities and special projects.
- Develop and maintain our 5-year strategic growth roadmap. You will identify and explore new target markets and product opportunities using research, design thinking, first principles problem solving, and data analysis.
- Lead the team in brainstorming, planning, and executing strategic opportunities.
- Creating and presenting roadmaps, papers and other materials to the board, investors, and executive leadership.
- Provide commercial insight for ongoing initiatives, and you will be responsible for building new models that include financial and non-financial data.
- Support the exploration of strategic partnerships to help create new opportunities for business growth.
Background & Experience:
- 8 years’ experience in top tier management consulting, business operations, fast growth technology, or venture development experience across the lifecycle
- Strong innovation project management experience. Specifically, execution/delivery of new business / products from 0-1 Self-motivated, driven, highly organised and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving, analytical thinking, attention to detail and ability to drive results in individuals/teams.
- Strong business acumen with a commercial awareness and insight to commercial drivers and relationships.
- Financial modelling experience and understanding of financial statements
- Excellent written and verbal communication, stakeholder management skills.
- A tertiary degree/post-Grad qualification in a relevant discipline. eg. MBA/ Finance/ Economics /Mathematics
#strategy #sydney #financialtech #oaktreetalent
This Sydney-based Strategy & Operations Manager which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $180k-$200K Base + Super + Equity.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.