Strategy & Planning Manager
- Join one of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects
- Become an integral part of Western Sydney Airport’s future strategy
- Integral role in the WSA Commercial & Strategy team
About The Company
Come and join the Western Sydney Airport team delivering Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport, the lynchpin of the extraordinary transformation currently underway to develop Sydney’s third city and Aerotropolis.
One of the largest infrastructure projects underway in Australia, Western Sydney International will open to international, domestic and air cargo services in late 2026 and will eventually grow to be one of Australia’s biggest gateways to the world.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the General Manager Strategy & EPMO, you will support in the development, monitoring and refinement of WSA’s business and corporate strategy, and communication of strategic matters.
Your role will be responsible for:
- Preparing the update of WSA’s Corporate Plan (and Strategic Business Plan) by initiating and developing the process and working with key stakeholders throughout to produce high quality documents ahead of time.
- Gathering insights and assemble into priorities to help set the strategic agenda and shape Board Strategy Days and broader business planning cycles through stakeholder interviews, market analysis, preparation of workshops.
- Independently conduct research activities to explore strategic issues and keep abreast of competitors, understand emerging trends in the broader environment (including market and industry changes) to identify threats and opportunities, and to use these insights to update strategic dashboards and other business registers.
- Preparing high quality plans, briefings, presentations, Board papers and other materials ahead of time and as necessary to present strategic outcomes and recommendations by liaising with internal colleagues and external parties.
- Initiating, developing and implementing frameworks, processes and workshops to support the refinement of WSA’s business strategy (including modelling and business case development) and alignment efforts across the business.
- Preparing & refining modelling, demand forecasting and evaluation of scenarios as required.
- Contribution to the enhancement of strategic dashboards.
We’d like to hear from you if you have the following:
- 3+ years management consulting experience from the likes of Monitor Deloitte, KPMG Strategy, Strategy& etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and application of frameworks
- Experience in a Group Strategy function
This role represents a great opportunity to be part of tomorrow’s future and to showcase your skills within a dynamic, fast paced and high-performance culture by living WSA’s values of Safety, Integrity, Inclusion, Pioneering, Courage and Passion.
How To Apply
To apply, or for a confidential discussion about this role please contact Amy Savage at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by sending your CV through the form below.
#strategyplanningmanager #customerstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent #sydneyjobs #jobs #strategyjobsaustralia
Photo: Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0
This Sydney-based Strategy & Planning Manager is Exclusive to Oaktree.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.