Sydney-based Team Lead Group Strategy
With a purpose that is focused on helping Australians own their own home, this company is on a huge growth trajectory and already one of the biggest challenger banks.
The Group Strategy & Innovation function supports all business units of the bank by developing the group’s strategic agenda and managing emerging risks. With a focus on helping Australians own their own homes, this is an important function that plays an essential role in supporting the CEO, Board, and senior management team.
As Team Lead, Group Strategy, you will be responsible for leading a diverse range of strategic projects across the bank. These include growth and market entry strategies, product development plans, marketing campaigns and distribution channels – all aimed at ensuring our customers have access to the best possible products and services.
As the lead of the Group Strategy team, you are responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining an annual and rolling medium-term strategic plan.
- Supporting our CEO, senior management team, and Head of Group Strategy & Innovation in developing and implementing major projects across all business units.
- Working with Finance and People & Culture to monitor and report on progress and achievement of strategic plans.
- Mapping the organisation’s strategic commitments into specific operational performance plans, targets, and budget.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders is essential to creating successful strategic projects.
- Using insight and analytical support; you can build out unique, creative solutions that have a real impact within the organisation.
- Developing and fostering strong professional relationships with our internal and external stakeholders, while providing professional support and thought leadership across the business.
- Working closely with the lead of Innovation & Partnership, the person will be able to incorporate learnings from global Fintechs into our solutions, helping us stay ahead of the curve in this constantly evolving industry.
- Communicating recommendations in a clear and concise way that impacts the organisation as a whole.
- Managing all aspects of your team – recruitment, onboarding, day-to-day performance behaviors and continuous development – in order to provide the best possible service.
- A degree or post-graduate qualifications in a related discipline (Finance, Business, MBA), and/or 7+ years’ relevant experience from a top tier Management Consulting firm or 10+ years in a Corporate Strategy role providing strategic advice at an Executive and Board level Team Lead, Group Strategy
- A proven consulting toolkit with superior analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to incorporate innovative approaches in solving complex problems
- Strategic thinker with ability to look beyond individual issues to identify broader themes with wider-reaching impact
- Ability to structure, lead, and manage complex cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Experience in facilitating discussions at senior executive level, with highly developed verbal and written skills and visual communications
- Highly developed decision making, negotiation, planning and organisational skills
- Proven leadership capabilities in managing and developing a team of high-performing strategy practitioners
- Ambition, and are self-driven and highly motivated to thrive in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment
If you are passionate about leading change and want to make a real difference in the lives of our customers, then this is the role for you. Contact Asha Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Or drop your CV below to be considered.
#strategy #groupstrategy #sydney #oaktreetalent
This Sydney-based Team Lead Group Strategy which is Exclusive to Oaktree will take home an annual income of $180k-$200K base + super + bonus.
If you would also like to checkout other jobs that we are currently sourcing for, you can check it here.